Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So what happened to art?

I noticed there hasn't been much art update on my blog recently..haha. So better do an update on that right now.

Recently I've started working again on some personal pieces for future shows and such..
Currently I am working on a 6x6 piece for an online show coming up in early July and perhaps a few 12x12 pieces for the square foot show coming up in August. I will post details of the shows when they are near. Heres a pencil sketch I started (did a little colour tint to see how the mood looks)...might be used for the 6x6 piece.. or use it for the 12x12...thinking right now...


















As for the concept of the piece..i'm trying to work around the themes of nature and human interaction right now.. as a general theme of my traditional paintings. I also want to continue to explore the idea of 'dark fairytale' in my work like the past few paintings...we'll see how that goes.

I finished two digital paintings not too long ago..they are designs for two miniature fairy toys which is probably in the process of being made right now. I can't post the full image yet but here are some small cropped part of the piece. I will post the final image as well as images of the actual toys when the toys are made and shipped. I haven't painted digitally in a while now so it was interesting to do this..again. Now I am itching to paint with oils again...

soon...

Also, for those interested, I believe the pieces me and Elise Trinh put up in Passion restaurant is still up. So if you're in the area and looking for a restaurant to eat maybe you can consider it. Its on yonge street..heres the link http://acanac.org/blogs/passionrestaurant/

Special thanks again to Anda Untila for inviting us to be a part of the show.


6 comments:

Lisa Tao said...

1st to comment againnnn im so cool!!
ur making ur own toy?? =O thats sooo cooooool where where??

Chanp said...

hahaha so fast.

The fairy toys are designed for a company in the states, around the san diego area, i think. So I am not actually making them myself. lol.

Lainey said...

ooo i walked past passion today too lol >_<

i didn't know that your stuff was still up there

Unknown said...

The 6x6 /12x12 sketch looks awesome! I want to see more XD

That's crazy! For the states, for a company!? *Is blown away* Your fairy toys are going to be so cute.. anddd sexy!!

Lettie Lo said...

haha yay~

Chanp said...

lainey: lol cool.
chau: thanks, i'm going to be posting more really soon.. gotta keep updating.